Portrait Drawing for Beginners
with artist Selina Wilson
Wednesdays from 10.00am - 12.30pm
10 weeks from Wednesday 15th January
to Wednesday 18th March
13a Great King Street, EH3 6QW
Students will be shown how to use various techniques to simplify the portrait, encouraging confident mark making. We will be using charcoal, later in the course there will be the opportunity to use other medium and colour. We will be having fun with drawing tools, exploring mark making and using charcoal in a painterly fashion to create some exciting, expressive portraits.
You will be shown how to achieve a likeness as well as making some of your own simple drawing tools to experiment with!
Complete beginners are welcome, as well as more experienced students.
- Willow charcoal size medium
- Charcoal pencil
- White pastel/white pastel pencil
- Kneadable eraser, grey
- Blending stump (we can make our own with tissue roll)
- White/toned pastel/cartridge paper or Norfolk paper 150g
- Powdered charcoal(or a spare stick of willow charcoal), a black sock and a rubber band if you would like to try something new!